Thursday 22 June 2017

Review: Gork, the Teenage Dragon: A novel by Gabe Hudson





Gork, the Teenage Dragon: A novel by Gabe Hudson

My Rating:

This is a DNF for me. I'm not a fan of the writing style, it's rather juvenile and reads like someone's high school English homework. The humour wears off very quickly, there are only so many times "my scaly green ass" can be found humorous or used as a descriptor. There was so much repetition throughout the book that it started to get on my nerves. At times it felt like every other sentence started with "Now, ..."

Not a book I would recommend.


Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | LibraryThing

You can also follow me on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! At least you know when to DNF. I need to get better at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to be strict with myself. Saying that, the one I read after this one wasn't too great either but I forced myself to finish it. So I'm not being as strict as I should be, lol.

      Delete