1,342 QI Facts to Leave You Flabbergasted
I would like to thank Faber and Faber for providing me with an advanced reading copy of this book.
There's not a lot I can say about this one. It is what it says it is; a book full of weird, funny and interesting facts that will have you either chuckling, WTF'ing, or scratching your head.
Here are a few examples:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar was originally called A Week with Willie Worm.
- In China, it's illegal to reincarnate without filling in a government Reincarnation Application form.
- Men who watch a lot of porn have smaller than average brains.
- In the 18th century, chickens were known as "cacklers" and eggs were "cackling farts".
- "The Copper-Penis Owl" is the monster used in Hungary to scare children into behaving.
I now find myself throwing out random useless facts during conversations, lol. As an added bonus, my point score has gone up when watching QI on TV!
Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | LibraryThing
You can also follow me on Bloglovin