Friday 4 September 2015

Review: Kill For A Copy by Jack Rollins, Rob McEwan, Shaun Hutson



Kill For A Copy - Rob McEwan, Jack Rollins, Shaun Hutson

 Kill For A Copy by Jack Rollins, Rob McEwan, Shaun Hutson

My Rating:


Kill for a Copy was an easy read. Like most mixed short story collections it has good and not so good stories inside, a lot of it comes down to personal preference, and it was a nice filler for those times I just wanted something short and quick to read. I do have a favourite out of all the shorts. I thoroughly enjoyed The Herald, with Home, Sweet Home coming in second.

17 chilling horror and supernatural tales, Kill For A Copy boasts a foreword from Shaun Hutson, 'the Godfather of Gore' himself.

With visions of dark, fantastic worlds, disturbed minds and beasts beyond imagination, this collection will shock, scare and grant the occasional guilty chuckle as you immerse yourself in the nightmarish landscape forged by these newcomers.
1 - Home, Sweet Home by Jack Rollins: Enjoyed this one, was refreshing to read short where I had no idea where the story was going. - 4 stars.

2 - Bon Appetit by Stuart Keane: It had somewhat of a story to it but mostly just aims at turning your stomach. It was short and to the point but  I feel how I feel about zombie stories with this one... been there, read it already. - 1 stars.

3 - Out of Sight, Out of Mind by David Basnett: Clever use of something simple turned into horror. - 3.5 stars.

4 - Blynd Haus by Robert J. Stava: Another good story. This is why I steer clear of our loft! - 4 stars.

5 - Be Careful What You Wish For… by Sharon L. Higa: Didn't like this one so much, was left thinking but why? - 2 stars.

6 - Silver Bullets by Steve Jenner: I like where this one was going but it felt like it was part of a bigger story and we only got a little taste. - 3 stars.

7 - Am I Dead? by Josef DeCory: Didn't like this one at all. The writing was clunky, the dialogue didn't work and too much junk talk even for them being young guys. - 0 stars.

8 - Bovine Rule by S.L. Dixon: I never have been a fan of meat! - 3 stars.

9 - Redwood by Angus Fenton: Decent story, feels like part of something larger but it was a fun read. - 3 stars.

10 - Bedlam Betty by Brian Barr: Glad I don't read graphic novels! - 4 stars.

11 - Tactile Living by Audrey E.L. Coots: Cool concept and message, still like my online games though! - 4 stars.

12 - Time It Right by William G. Chandler Jr: For some reason I found myself getting confused on which character was which with this one but apart from that it was an OK read. - 2 stars.

13 - The Herald of our Times by Matthew Teah: This has to be my favourite story in the whole collection. I loved the message behind it. - 5 stars.

14 - To See the Well by Luc Haasbroek: Be careful what you wish for! - 3 stars.

15 - The Coma by Stefan Lavery: There is always a catch! - 3 stars.

16 - Madness in Death Valley by M.R. Wallace: Knew there was a reason I avoided camping. - 3 stars

17 - Hell Awaits by Feind Gottes: That is one nasty demon. - 4 stars.


Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | Leafmarks

No comments:

Post a Comment