Wednesday 10 December 2014

Review: Stillwater


Stillwater
Stillwater by Maynard Sims

My rating: 4 of 5 stars





I received a copy of Stillwater from the publisher in return for an honest review.

Beth who is wheelchair bound is looking for a new house in which she can find some peace and quiet to recover and to work on her new novel. She has leased a property called Stillwater but she soon realises she's not alone, she's sharing her house with the spirit of a drowned girl who previously lived in the house and who is making herself known in many different ways. Beth, as she learns more from the ghost, is determined to help her and discover what really happened at Stillwater.

I really enjoyed this one, it turned out to be a great ghost story and I was hooked right from the beginning. The tension and atmosphere builds really well and it has plenty twists and turns to keep it interesting. The characters are very well developed and I was really rooting for Beth, she was a very likeable and strong character. The pacing was good and and held my attention from start to finish and I didn't want to put it down but at the same time I didn't want it to finish.

Stillwater actually reminded me a little of the movie Jessebelle, only with a much better and more detailed plot and characters. It would make a much much better movie than Jessebelle that's for sure. Definitely one I would recommend for those who love paranormal and ghost stories.

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | Goodreads | Leafmarks




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment