Sunday 28 December 2014

Review: Servant of the Red Quill: A Baker Johnson Tale


Servant of the Red Quill: A Baker Johnson Tale
Servant of the Red Quill: A Baker Johnson Tale by Terry M. West

My rating: 4 of 5 stars




I received a copy of Servant of the Red Quill: A Baker Johnson Tale from the author in return for an honest review.

Baker Johnson is a parapsychologist and is called to help a family who is being tormented by an evil spirit that is linked to a tome titled Servant of the Red Quill. Before reading Servant of the Red Quill I would advise you to first read the prequel: The Giving of Things Cold & Cursed.

At just 53 pages this is a quick read and it held my attention throughout. The pacing is perfect and although the plot is a short one, it's done well. The writing style very much suits the time period the story takes place in and the dialogue also fitting for the time. It was nice to see the character of Baker Johnson in action, I read the prequel a while back and got to know Baker but didn't get to see him in action in this way previously.

Terry M West has many short stories published but Servant of the Red Quill is my favourite so far. The plot covers one of my favourite topics in horror but I'm not going to spoil the story by saying what that is, you'll just have to read it to find out!

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | Goodreads | Leafmarks




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment