Monday 1 December 2014

Review: Satan's Fan Club


Satan's Fan Club
Satan's Fan Club by Mark Kirkbride

My rating: 3 of 5 stars




I was provided with a free copy of Satan's Fan Club by the author in return for an honest review on Scarlet's Web.

I'm not sure what genre I would file this one under, it kind of hinted at horror but then didn't quite get there for me. There was some mystery to it in regards to the serial killer but that's not really what the storyline centred around till later in the book. I would probably class it more psychological dark(ish) fiction, for me anyway.

The plot wasn't predictable at all, there were times I thought maybe I knew where it was going but it went in a different direction. I couldn't really connect with the characters, I'm not sure why. I think perhaps I didn't find any of them likeable as they all had faults in one way or another, there was no clear good guys/bad guys and I don't feel like I really got to know any of them. That being said, I still enjoyed it and wanted to know what happened. I couldn't have predicted the ending at all, which is always a good thing in my opinion. The pacing was pretty good although it felt a little slow to start with and the plot held my interest as it was unique and unpredictable. There was one part that confused me, now that I know how it all ends I'm confused as to who (and how) the youngest daughter was talking to but I can't really explain that here without giving away spoilers.

I'm not a fan of the cover, I know we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but this one wouldn't have caught my attention and made me curious enough to read the blurb.

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | Goodreads | Leafmarks



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment