Monday 15 December 2014

Review: Orphans of Wonderland


Orphans of Wonderland
Orphans of Wonderland by Greg F. Gifune

My rating: 3 of 5 stars




I received a copy of Orphans of Wonderland from the publisher in return for an honest review.

Orphans of Wonderland was a little slow for me, I felt like I was waiting for something to happen for most of the book. The characters were well done, the main character very well developed and likeable. The plot was OK although it felt drawn out a lot for me, it wasn't till the last third of the book that I felt like it was actually getting to the nitty gritty of what was really going on and the tension started picking up.

During the first two thirds of the book I found the book easy to put down and I wasn't overly drawn to pick it up again. On getting to the last section though I was really drawn in and enjoying it a lot more and I was keen to turn those pages to see what was happening next. I prefer books that have a bit of a faster pace but it was well written and had some nice twists in it towards the end that made up for what I found lacking in the previous sections.

For the most part this was a bit of a middle of the road read for me with the ending saving the book in my opinion but it has left me with a lot of questions which I don't feel were answered.

(2.5 stars rounded up to 3)

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | Goodreads | Leafmarks





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment