Monday 15 December 2014

Review: Dark Vengeance


Dark Vengeance
Dark Vengeance by Russell James

My rating: 3 of 5 stars




I received a copy of Dark Vengeance from the publisher in return for an honest review.

On reading the blurb and seeing this was about a coven of witches I just had to give it a read. Dark Vengeance was a bit of a hit and miss for me, I wanted to read on and finish it but it wasn't a book that stood out for me at all.

I would have preferred if the characters were a bit more fleshed out and developed, there was a little background but not enough for me to be able to relate to or connect with the characters. The plot was OK although I felt like there was something missing, it felt a little like it skimmed the surface and I wanted to know more about where the children came from, why the coven were doing what they were doing, why were they looking at the pupils stats, what did the numbers tell them etc. The dialogue at times seemed very unrealistic, especially when it came to the interactions between Theresa and the sheriff.

Despite the problems above, it was still an OK light read, the pace was even throughout and it held my attention enough that I wanted to finish and learn what the outcome was going to be.

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
Facebook | Twitter | G+ | BookLikes | Goodreads | Leafmarks




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment