Wednesday 3 September 2014

Review: A Place For Us Part 2


A Place For Us Part 2
A Place For Us Part 2 by Harriet Evans

My rating: 4 of 5 stars




I received a copy of A Place For Us Part 2 from the publisher in return for an honest review.

Every family has their secrets and it's time for those secrets to be revealed. As the family come together for Marthas birthday party, tensions are high and secrets start coming out one by one. Yet something tells me there is worse to come.

I read part 1 of this 4 part serialisation last month and have been looking forwards to the next part since finishing it. I'm not a huge fan of stories done in parts this way as I sometimes find it hard to get back into the story. That was not the case with A Place For Us. I picked up part 2 and had no problem jumping right back into the story, it felt like no time had passed since the first part.

I find myself drawn to this story, to the richness of the characters, they are all so normal and down to earth and yet so captivating and full of depth. They each have their own individual lives and secrets that both binds them together as a family but also pulls them apart.

I'm really looking forwards to part 3 as I have the feeling we've barely scratched the surface of what's yet to come.


Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
You can also find me on: BookLikes



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment