Thursday 11 September 2014

Review: The Devil Walks in Mattingly


The Devil Walks in Mattingly
The Devil Walks in Mattingly by Billy Coffey

My rating: 1 of 5 stars




I received a copy of The Devil Walks in Mattingly from the publisher in return for an honest review.

Having read When Mockingbirds Sing and enjoyed it, I was keen to read The Devil Walks in Mattingly. When Mockingbirds Sing had mentioned, but not explained, something that had occurred in the town before and this book is the story of that event.

I really struggled to get into this one. It just didn't hold my attention and I am now after 2 weeks of picking the book up and only managing as far as 50%, having to admit that this is one for my did not finish pile. I hate not to finish a book but this one just isn't for me it seems. It feels like nothing is happening, the story progresses so slowly that I just lose interest and I can't connect to any of the characters.

I'm sure many would enjoy this book but I'm afraid I'm not one of them.


Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
You can also find me on: BookLikes



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment