Tuesday 12 August 2014

Review: Robert the Bruce: King of the Scots


Robert the Bruce: King of the Scots
Robert the Bruce: King of the Scots by Michael Penman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I received a copy of Robert the Bruce: King of the Scots from the publishers in return for an honest review.

I was given this book in e-book format and I found that it wasn't ideal to read on my paperwhite. I couldn't see the images in the book which were referred to while reading. I was able to see them however on my tablet but again it wasn't ideal, it was rather annoying having to scroll back and forth. I would definitely have preferred a hard copy, it would have been a much easier read.

Being a Scot I am proud of my heritage and love to study and learn more of my history, the era of Bruce being one of my favourites. If you are looking for a story, this is not the book for you. If on the other hand you like reading Scottish history, and you want to know how Robert the Bruce helped make Scotland what it is today and not the Hollywood pumped media version that everyone seem to think is truth, then this is the book for you.

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
You can also find me on: BookLikes



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment