Thursday 21 August 2014

Review: Between the Lives


Between the Lives
Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington

My rating: 4 of 5 stars





I received a copy of Between the Lives from the publisher in return for an honest review.

Sabine finds herself shifting between two lives every 24 hours, she's done this all her life but all of a sudden the rules have changed.

I loved the idea behind this story, two lives, each completely different, both lived at the same time. Although I did enjoy this one, there were parts that annoyed me but I could easily overlook those. I was impressed with the attention to detail in each world, the two being total opposites of each other with many different layers and characters in both.

I liked the main character Sabine, her character was both full of depth and easy to like, but at the same time little things niggled me. She counted while kissing Dex, she counted a lot. I found myself thinking OK I get it she counts, you can stop with the counting now. There were other little things but I don't want to give spoilers, they didn't ruin the story though as I was completely engrossed throughout. The ending really pulled on the heartstrings so have your tissues at hand!

The concept of living two lives at once opens up all sorts of questions while reading. I found myself thinking about it quite a bit. What would it be like to have a chance of living two completely different lives in such different worlds? Can you really have the best of both worlds? How much does your experience in one life affect your actions in another? If you had to choose, which would you choose? The perfect life where you have everything you could possibly want or need? Or a not so perfect life with someone you love?

I really wish there was a sequel, I would love to know where Sabine goes from here and how her experiences in the book change the way she continues in both her lives.


Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web
You can also find me on: BookLikes



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment