Sunday 20 July 2014

Review: Terror Train


Terror Train
Terror Train by A. Henry Keene

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Got to start this one off by saying that I'm not a huge fan of anthologies. I like to pick up a book up and get lost in the story and I find that hard to do when reading an anthology. It's not that I dislike short stories, I just don't like jumping between writing styles as often as an anthology causes you to.

Why then did I pick up Terror Train? Well to be frank I only picked this one up to read Stuart Keanes and Jim Goforths entries as I know them both. When I mentioned to a friend that I was reading an anthology, knowing how I feel about them he advised me to take my time, read one story at a time and then go back to the other books that I was reading. Turns out it was a good move! Thanks Steven Beltzer yer a wee gem! ;)

I enjoyed reading all the different takes on the one subject. Every author had a different vision and style and it was fun to experience the horror from all different viewpoints. I'm not going to name favourites, they were all good in their own way and it was in the end a fun read.


http://scarletaingeal.booklikes.com/



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment