Sunday 20 July 2014

Review: The Reluctant Dead


The Reluctant Dead
The Reluctant Dead by Nuzo Onoh

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I received a copy of The Reluctant Dead through netgalley in return for an honest review.

The Reluctant Dead is a collection of stories set in Africa full of tales of ghosts, curses, witch-doctors and lore. I really enjoyed reading these, the way they were written, the different beliefs and culture all made for some very interesting reading.

I'm not going to talk about each story as I don't want to give spoilers and all of the stories in the book were good. If I was to pick a favourite I think it would have to be Night Flyer, it to me was the best story in the collection and I could picture it very much like a short horror film.

The Reluctant Dead is definately worth a read for horror and ghost story lovers out there.


http://scarletaingeal.booklikes.com/



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment