Sunday 20 July 2014

Review: Daughter


Daughter
Daughter by Jane Shemilt

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I received a copy of Daughter from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

This is every parents nightmare, we all think we know our children, but do we?

If one of your children were to go missing and people started asking you questions, just how well would you really know what was going on in your childs life?

Everyone has secrets, including our kids, what would you do if those secrets slowly started to come to light and reveal someone different than you thought they were?

Daughter brings up all these questions and more, I found myself thinking of this one long after I had put it down. We are introduced to Jenny, a working mother of three children, who's 15 year old daughter Naomi doesn't come home one night. Jenny's life starts to unravel, secrets come out the woodwork, her family struggles to come to terms with what they learn, can they survive these secrets and find their daughter.

Daughter is a rollercoaster ride of emotions and fear that will touch every parent out there. The characters in this book are so full of depth, you can literally feel their pain and panic oozing from the pages. As a mother myself it's a scary thought and it had me questioning myself, just how much do I know about what's going on in my own childrens lives.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was full of tension and touched on deep seated fears that every parent has when their child steps outside into the big wide world.


http://scarletaingeal.booklikes.com/



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment